Routes to get your Proposed Project

1- Permitted Development These Rights are open to those rear and side extensions with a length of up to 3 meters on a terraced or semi-detached house or 4 meters on a detached property. As long as all guidelines are met then only a submission of a certificate of lawful development is required. If you sell your house you will be required to issue this to show the extension was lawful.

2- Prior Approval: Larger Home Extension This is a free application that allows householders who want to extend to the rear or side of their property upto 6 meters on a terraced or semi-detached property or 8 meters on a detached property. This is only available to those extensions that all conditions and requirements are met.

3- Planning Permission If your proposal does not meet any criteria above they will require a planning application. NOTE: Original house. Also known as the ‘original dwellinghouse’. This means the house as it was first built; or as it stood on 1 July 1948 (if it was built before that date). Although you may not have built an extension to the house, a previous owner may have done so.

%d bloggers like this: